The Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 391 CFM at 163 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 391|
|MPH||Up to 163|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||12.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||7.3 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143
- Power: The Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 can force 391 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 163 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery system (2 24VBAT batteries included) that should work reliably for up to 65 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Be aware that, at 12.7 lbs, the Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 5 speed settings, the Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (9.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 10:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 10 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
The Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 163 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 24V-X2-BVM143 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 391 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product that runs on this kind of voltage. Fully charged, it should run for up to 65 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
I cannot find a replacement vacuum collection bag for this model. (Asked November 8, 2022)
Replacement parts can be ordered through Sun Joe customer support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.