The Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 560 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 560|
|MPH||Up to 140|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.7 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 560 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 140 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery system (2 24VBAT-LTE batteries included) means that a user can operate the 24V-X2-JB500 for an estimated 50 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told (including the batteries), it weighs 7.7 lbs — the Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 24V-X2-JB500 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 140 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the 24V-X2-JB500 by Sun Joe will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 560 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 50 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- High CFM (560 CFM)
- Decent weight (7.7 lbs)
- Decent MPH (140 MPH)
- Good autonomy (50 mins)
- The Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500 doesn't have any notably low specs.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.