Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Noise Rating||94 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe iONBV-XR, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Sun Joe iONBV-XR
- Power: This leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 200 MPH.
- Power delivery: Sun Joe designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The iONBV-XR only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: With its 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery, the Sun Joe iONBV-XR has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 55 minutes.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Sun Joe iONBV-XR is heavier than most, weighing 8.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The iONBV-XR has 6 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the iONBV-XR has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect light debris in the unit’s storage bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 17:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 17 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 94 dB, the iONBV-XR is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Sun Joe iONBV-XR's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe iONBV-XR compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is rather impressive for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The iONBV-XR is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 350 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- The iONBV-XR is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 55 minutes of running time when fully charged (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Sun Joe iONBV-XR is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (94 dB)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
- Good autonomy (55 mins)
- Quite heavy (8.7 lbs)
Where to buy the sun-joe iONBV-XR?
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe iONBV-XR is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please contact the Sun Joe Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.