Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Noise Rating||94 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe iONBV-XR, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Sun Joe iONBV-XR
- Power: The Sun Joe iONBV-XR is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 200 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 55 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Sun Joe iONBV-XR is heavier than most, weighing 8.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The iONBV-XR has 6 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: The iONBV-XR is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into the blower’s collection bag.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 17:1, meaning that it will turn 17 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 94 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Sun Joe iONBV-XR's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe iONBV-XR compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 200 MPH. This puts the iONBV-XR ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The iONBV-XR is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 350 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 55 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Sun Joe iONBV-XR is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (94 dB)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
- Good autonomy (55 mins)
- Quite heavy (8.7 lbs)
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe iONBV-XR is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please contact the Sun Joe Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.