The Sun Joe JB450E is a corded leaf blower delivering 440 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 8.5-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 440|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Noise rating||104 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe JB450E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
With five selectable speed settings to suit the sweeping task, it’s ideal to quickly clear away leaves and even light snow from your car and walkways! Eco-friendly, lightweight and maneuverable at only 6.17 lbs, the jet blower packs the power of a hurricane in the palm of your hand to effortlessly whisk away dirt and debris, and leave your yard spotless. And unlike gas-powered tools, JB450E is completely electric, so you’ll power up instantly and reliably every time with the flick of a switch, without having to deal with smoke, fumes, and fuss of gas or costly tune-ups.
Overview of the Sun Joe JB450E
- Power: The Sun Joe JB450E is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 440 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 8.5 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the JB450E has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other electric handheld blowers, the Sun Joe JB450E can be considered light, weighing only 6.17 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With 5 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of electric handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 104 dB.
The Sun Joe JB450E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe JB450E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Sun Joe JB450E expels air at speeds up to 135 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The JB450E is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 440 CFM, which is common for electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Sun Joe JB450E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (6.17 lbs)
- Decent CFM (440 CFM)
- Decent MPH (135 MPH)
- High noise (104 dB)
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe JB450E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.