The Sun Joe JB450E is a corded leaf blower delivering 440 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 8.5-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 440|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Noise rating||104 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe JB450E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
With five selectable speed settings to suit the sweeping task, it’s ideal to quickly clear away leaves and even light snow from your car and walkways! Eco-friendly, lightweight and maneuverable at only 6.17 lbs, the jet blower packs the power of a hurricane in the palm of your hand to effortlessly whisk away dirt and debris, and leave your yard spotless. And unlike gas-powered tools, JB450E is completely electric, so you’ll power up instantly and reliably every time with the flick of a switch, without having to deal with smoke, fumes, and fuss of gas or costly tune-ups. (source: Sun Joe)
Overview of the Sun Joe JB450E
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 440 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 8.5 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Sun Joe JB450E prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 6.17 lbs, the Sun Joe JB450E is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sun Joe designed the JB450E with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 5 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: The noise emitted by the Sun Joe JB450E can reach up to 104 dB. Its noise rating is on the higher end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The Sun Joe JB450E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe JB450E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Sun Joe JB450E expels air at speeds up to 135 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Sun Joe JB450E can reach 440 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Sun Joe JB450E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe JB450E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.