Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 300|
|MPH||Up to 240|
|Noise Rating||96 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe SBJ603E, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Sun Joe SBJ603E
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 240 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 13 Amp engine, the SBJ603E requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 7.9 lbs — the Sun Joe SBJ603E is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The SBJ603E has 6 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 17:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 17 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of electric handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 96 dB.
The Sun Joe SBJ603E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe SBJ603E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 240 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Sun Joe SBJ603E can reach 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Sun Joe SBJ603E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High MPH (240 MPH)
- Decent Weight (7.9 lbs)
- High Noise (96 dB)
- Low CFM (300 CFM)
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe SBJ603E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please contact the Sun Joe Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.