Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Noise Rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe SBJ604E, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Sun Joe SBJ604E
- Power: The SBJ604E is an electric blower made by Sun Joe. It has a maximum air speed of 200 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp engine needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a electric handheld blower, the Sun Joe SBJ604E is heavier than most, weighing 11.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The SBJ604E has 6 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can shrink 10 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 68 dB, the SBJ604E is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Sun Joe SBJ604E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe SBJ604E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 200 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the SBJ604E by Sun Joe will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Sun Joe SBJ604E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High CFM (450 CFM)
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (68 dB)
- No cord lock mechanism
- Quite heavy (11.7 lbs)
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe SBJ604E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please contact the Sun Joe Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.