The Sun Joe SBJ702E is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 530 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 530|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe SBJ702E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Sun Joe SBJ702E
- Power: The SBJ702E is an electric blower made by Sun Joe. It has a maximum air speed of 180 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 530 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 12 Amp motor, the SBJ702E requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 8.8 lbs — the Sun Joe SBJ702E is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With 7 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: The SBJ702E is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (12 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 15:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 15 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
The Sun Joe SBJ702E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe SBJ702E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 180 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the SBJ702E by Sun Joe will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 530 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Sun Joe SBJ702E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Leaf collection bag included
- Metal impeller
- High CFM (530 CFM)
- High MPH (180 MPH)
- Decent weight (8.8 lbs)
- No cord lock mechanism
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe SBJ702E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
How do you put bag on? (Asked March 6, 2023)
Bag assembly instructions are located page 7 of the owner's manual (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.