The Sun Joe SBJ802E is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 590 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 13.5 Amp engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 590|
|MPH||Up to 150|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe SBJ802E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Sun Joe SBJ802E
- Power: The Sun Joe SBJ802E can force 590 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 13.5 Amp motor, the SBJ802E requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the SBJ802E has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Sun Joe SBJ802E are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Speed Settings: The SBJ802E by Sun Joe has just one speed setting.
- Vacuum: The SBJ802E is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag.
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 10:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 10 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
The Sun Joe SBJ802E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe SBJ802E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for electric walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Sun Joe SBJ803E with 165 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the SBJ802E by Sun Joe will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 590 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric walk-behind blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Sun Joe SBJ803E with 600 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Sun Joe SBJ802E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe SBJ802E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please contact the Sun Joe Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.