The Sun Joe SBJ806E is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 600 CFM at 165 MPH. It features a 14-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 165|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Sun Joe SBJ806E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Sun Joe SBJ806E
- Power: The Sun Joe SBJ806E can force 600 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 165 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 14 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Sun Joe SBJ806E are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Speed Settings: The Sun Joe SBJ806E does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Vacuum: The SBJ806E is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (8 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 15:1. For every 15 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
The Sun Joe SBJ806E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Sun Joe SBJ806E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 165 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for corded blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The SBJ806E is powerful, with an airflow rating of 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other corded blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx Turbine WG521, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Sun Joe SBJ806E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe, LLC was founded in 2004 to provide “high-quality, innovative, and affordable outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year.” Sun Joe only manufactures electric products – its goal is to create eco-friendly solutions that are as efficient and powerful as any gas-operated alternative.
The Sun Joe SBJ806E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe blowers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOW-JOE (866-766-9563).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.