The Toro 51701 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 146 CFM at 115 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 146|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Weight (w/ battery)||3.85 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||3 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51701, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51701
- Power: The Toro 51701 can force 146 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 115 MPH.
- Power delivery: The 51701 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: It has a 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 88502 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 15 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Toro 51701 stands out due to its lower weight: just 3.85 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: Toro designed the 51701 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
The Toro 51701's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51701 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 115 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 146 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LB7654, which boasts with 765 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 15 minutes from its battery, which means the 51701 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51701 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51701 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.