The Toro 51701 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 146 CFM at 115 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 146|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Weight (w/ battery)||3.85 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||3 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51701, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51701
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 146 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 115 MPH.
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 88502 battery included) means that a user can operate the 51701 for an estimated 15 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Toro 51701 stands out due to its lower weight: just 3.85 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The 51701 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
The Toro 51701's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51701 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 115 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Toro 51701 can reach 146 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 15 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the 51701 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51701 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (3.85 lbs)
- Brushed motor
- Low CFM (146 CFM)
- Low MPH (115 MPH)
- Low autonomy (15 mins)
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51701 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
Battery life is horrible. The battery may last about 15 minutes but it starts to degrade after 5 minutes or so and then it barely moves anything. Within another 5 minutes it’s completely dead. So, although it may sound like a great deal at first, it’s totally not worth it to only get about 5 minutes or so of use each time you need it.