Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 605|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Noise Rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51820, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Toro 51820
- Power: The Toro 51820 is blower with a maximum air volume rating of 605 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 115 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the 51820 for an estimated 90 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Toro 51820 is heavier than most, weighing 10 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51820 to match.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Toro 51820's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51820 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 115 MPH. That makes the 51820 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The 51820 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 605 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 90 mins, the 51820 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Toro 51820 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High CFM (605 CFM)
- Excellent autonomy (90 mins)
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- Decent MPH (115 MPH)
- Quite heavy (10 lbs)
Where to buy the toro 51820?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro 51820 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.