The Toro 51821 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 565 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 565|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.3 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.3 lbs|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51821, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51821
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 565 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 L108 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 75 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told (including the battery), it weighs 8.3 lbs — the Toro 51821 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51821 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 63 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Toro 51821's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51821 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Toro 51821 maxes out at 110 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The 51821 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 565 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The 51821 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 75 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51821 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- High CFM (565 CFM)
- Decent weight (8.3 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (63 dB)
- Good autonomy (75 mins)
- Low MPH (110 MPH)
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51821 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please consult Toro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
Great product all around. Not many leaf blowers on the market that can match the build quality and performance of this great Toro Leaf Cordless Blower. We have owned the electric leaf blower from Toro for some 3 plus years now and have been extremely satisfied with it.