The Toro 51822 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 605 CFM at 157 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 605|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Weight (w/ battery)||12.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51822, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51822
- Power: The Toro 51822 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 605 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 157 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- RunSmart® technology: An onboard chip optimizes RPM and torque in real time, for better performance, more power, more runtime, and longer tool life.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 L216 battery included) means that a user can operate the 51822 for an estimated 140 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Toro 51822 is heavier than most, weighing 12.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51822 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Toro 51822's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51822 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 157 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the 51822 by Toro will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 605 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 140 mins, the 51822 benefits from the highest achievable run time for a cordless handheld unit.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51822 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51822 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please consult Toro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.