The Toro 51822 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 605 CFM at 157 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 605|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Weight (w/ battery)||12.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51822, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51822
- Power: The 51822 is a cordless blower made by Toro. It has a maximum air speed of 157 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 605 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The 51822 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- RunSmart® technology: An onboard chip optimizes RPM and torque in real time, for better performance, more power, more runtime, and longer tool life.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 L216 battery included) means that a user can operate the 51822 for an estimated 140 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 12.8 lbs, the Toro 51822 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 51822 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 63 dB, the 51822 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Toro 51822's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51822 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 157 MPH. This puts the 51822 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 51822 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 605 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is one of the best among cordless handheld units running on comparable voltages. It offers an autonomy of up to 140 minutes.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51822 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51822 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please consult Toro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
What is the operating temperature range. I intend to use it for light snow blowing in Minneapolis winter in addition to leaves. (Asked June 10, 2022)
The appropriate operating temperature range to use this blower is 32-120°F.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.