Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel Tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The Toro 51988 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Toro 51988 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25.4 cc engine. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the 51988 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51988 to match.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 10:1, meaning that it will turn 10 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 77 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 18 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Toro 51988 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro 51988 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (9.5 lbs)
- Decent Tank (18 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the toro 51988?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.