The Toro 51988 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The 51988 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Toro, is rated for a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Toro 51988 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25.4 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Toro for the 51988 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 51988 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Vacuum: The 51988 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (bag included).
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 10:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 10 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 18 fl. oz of fuel.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Toro 51988 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro 51988 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.