The Toro 51988 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The Toro 51988 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Toro 51988 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the 51988 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Toro 51988 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the 51988 has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished (bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 10:1. For every 10 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 77 dB, the 51988 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 18 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Toro 51988 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro 51988 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.