The Toro 51988 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Fuel tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The 51988, built by Toro, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Toro 51988 can be considered light, weighing only 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25.4cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the 51988 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Toro model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51988 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the 51988 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 10 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 77 dB, the 51988 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 18 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- The 51988 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.