Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The 51988, built by Toro, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Toro 51988 can be considered light, weighing only 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25.4 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the 51988 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Toro 51988 allows precise control of the air output.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can shrink 10 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 77 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 18 fl. oz of fuel.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Toro 51988 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (9.5 lbs)
- Decent Tank (18 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the Toro 51988?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.