The Toro 51988 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The Toro 51988 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Toro 51988 can be considered light, weighing only 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. Please note that, because the Toro 51988's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Toro, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51988 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the 51988 has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect leaves and light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished (bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 10 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 18 fl. oz of fuel.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the 51988 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- The 51988 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro 51988 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.