The Toro 51988 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The 51988 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Toro, is rated for a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Toro 51988 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the 51988 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 51988 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the 51988 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 10 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 77 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank able to hold around 18 fl. oz of fuel.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the 51988 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PPBV25, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 230 MPH.
- The 51988 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro 51988 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.