Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The Toro 51988 is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Toro 51988 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25.4 cc. Please note that, because the Toro 51988’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 51988 offers variable speed settings.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 10:1, meaning that it will turn 10 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 18 fl. oz of fuel.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Toro 51988 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (9.5 lbs)
- Decent Tank (18 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the Toro 51988?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939