The Toro 51988 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||18 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro 51988, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51988
- Power: The 51988, built by Toro, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Toro 51988 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Toro for the 51988 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 51988 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the 51988 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 10:1, meaning that it will turn 10 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 77 dB, the 51988 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18 fl. oz., this Toro blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Toro 51988's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51988 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PPBV25, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 230 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the 51988 is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro 51988 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51988 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.