Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Noise Rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690
- Power: This leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: Toro designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The PowerPlex™ 51690 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the PowerPlex™ 51690 for an estimated 60 minutes on a full charge. The PowerPlex™ battery is compatible will all other Toro PowerPlex™ power tools.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 8.4 lbs, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is on the heavier side for electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 63 dB, the PowerPlex™ 51690 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- The PowerPlex™ 51690 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld leaf blower. Fully charged, it should run for up to 60 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- PowerPlex™ Battery
- High CFM (480 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- Decent MPH (150 MPH)
- Good Autonomy (60 mins)
- Quite heavy (8.4 lbs)
Where to buy the toro PowerPlex™ 51690?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.