The Toro 51690 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51690
- Power: The Toro 51690 can force 480 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: With its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery (1 T90 battery included), the Toro 51690 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 60 minutes. The PowerPlex™ battery is compatible will all other Toro PowerPlex™ power tools.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51690 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 63 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Toro 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 150 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the 51690 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The 51690 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 60 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51690 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.