The Toro 51690 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51690
- Power: The Toro 51690 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery (1 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 60 minutes on a full charge. The PowerPlex™ battery is compatible will all other Toro PowerPlex™ power tools.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 8.4 lbs — the Toro 51690 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 51690 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 63 dB, the 51690 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Toro 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 150 MPH. This puts the 51690 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the 51690 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units. It offers an autonomy of up to 60 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51690 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.