The Toro 51690 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 51690
- Power: The 51690 is a cordless blower made by Toro. It has a maximum air speed of 150 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 60 minutes on a full charge. The PowerPlex™ battery is compatible will all other Toro PowerPlex™ power tools.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 8.4 lbs, the Toro 51690 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro 51690 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Toro 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the 51690 by Toro will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 60 mins, the 51690 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro 51690 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.