Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690
- Power: The PowerPlex™ 51690 is an electric leaf blower made by Toro. It has a maximum air speed of 150 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is cordless.
- Battery: With its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 60 minutes.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 8.4 lbs — the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the PowerPlex™ 51690 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 63 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 150 MPH. That makes the PowerPlex™ 51690 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- If power is an important feature, the PowerPlex™ 51690 by Toro will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- The PowerPlex™ 51690 is within the average range for cordless handheld leaf blowers, offering up to 60 minutes of running time when fully charged (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- High CFM (480 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- Decent Weight (8.4 lbs)
- Decent MPH (150 MPH)
- Good Autonomy (60 mins)
Where to buy the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939