Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690
- Power: The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 can force 480 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is cordless, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: With its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 60 minutes. The PowerPlex™ battery is compatible will all other Toro PowerPlex™ power tools.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a electric handheld blower, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is heavier than most, weighing 8.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 63 dB, the PowerPlex™ 51690 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 150 MPH. That makes the PowerPlex™ 51690 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 480 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld leaf blower. Fully charged, it should run for up to 60 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- PowerPlex™ Battery
- High CFM (480 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- Decent MPH (150 MPH)
- Good Autonomy (60 mins)
- Quite heavy (8.4 lbs)
Where to buy the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.