The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690
- Power: The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: Toro designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The PowerPlex™ 51690 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion PowerPlex™ battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 60 minutes on a full charge. The PowerPlex™ battery is compatible will all other Toro PowerPlex™ power tools.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 8.4 lbs, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the PowerPlex™ 51690 by Toro will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 60 mins, the PowerPlex™ 51690 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro PowerPlex™ 51690 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.