Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Noise Rating||66.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617
- Power: The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 10.5 Amp engine, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 6.5 lbs — the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Toro designed the Rake & Vac™ 51617 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 76% mulching ratio means it can reduce 4 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 66.5 dB.
- Rake & Vac™: This Toro blower is called a Rake & Vac™. As fancy as it sounds, it’s simply one of the names Toro gives a model that functions as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 210 MPH, which is rather impressive for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- The Rake & Vac™ 51617 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 350 CFM, which is common for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (66.5 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.