Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617
- Power: The Rake & Vac™ 51617 is an electric leaf blower made by Toro. It has a maximum air speed of 210 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 10.5 Amp engine, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our [caldera_form_modal id="CF5ac63299ac22a" width="400"]gauge calculator[/caldera_form_modal].
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 6.5 lbs — the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Toro designed the Rake & Vac™ 51617 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect light debris in the unit’s storage bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished.
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 76% mulching ratio means it can reduce 4 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 66.5 dB.
- Rake & Vac™: This Toro blower is called a Rake & Vac™. As fancy as it sounds, it’s simply one of the names Toro gives a model that functions as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 210 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 can reach 350 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (66.5 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
Where to buy the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939