The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 350 CFM at 210 MPH. It features a 10.5-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Noise rating||66.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617
- Power: The Rake & Vac™ 51617 is an electric blower made by Toro. It has a maximum air speed of 210 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 10.5 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.5 lbs, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 76%, this mulcher can reliably pulp 4 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 66.5 dB.
- Rake & Vac™: This Toro blower is called a Rake & Vac™. As fancy as it sounds, it’s simply one of the names Toro gives a model that functions as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 210 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The Rake & Vac™ 51617 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 350 CFM, which is common for electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx Turbine WG521, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.