Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Noise Rating||66.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617
- Power: The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 can force 350 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 10.5 Amp engine to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the Rake & Vac™ 51617 has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 6.5 lbs — the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 76%, meaning that it will turn 4 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 66.5 dB.
- Rake & Vac™: This Toro blower is called a Rake & Vac™. As fancy as it sounds, it’s simply one of the names Toro gives a model that functions as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 210 MPH. This puts the Rake & Vac™ 51617 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 350 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (66.5 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
Where to buy the toro Rake & Vac™ 51617?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.