Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 10.5 Amp engine, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the Rake & Vac™ 51617 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 6.5 lbs, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is within the average weight range of electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: The Rake & Vac™ 51617 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into the blower’s collection bag.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 76%, this mulcher can shrink 4 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 66.5 dB.
- Rake & Vac™: This Toro blower is called a Rake & Vac™. As fancy as it sounds, it’s simply one of the names Toro gives a model that functions as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 210 MPH. This puts the Rake & Vac™ 51617 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- The Rake & Vac™ 51617 is average in terms of power. It's rated at 350 CFM, which is common for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (66.5 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
Where to buy the Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617?
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
Warranty InformationThe Toro Rake & Vac™ 51617 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.