The Toro 66100 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 730 CFM at 160 MPH. It is powered by Toro's Revolution 60V backpack battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 730|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Weight (tool only)||17.4 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro Revolution 66100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro 66100
- Power: The Toro 66100 can force 730 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: Toro designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The 66100 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: The Toro 66100 is exclusively powered by Toro's Revolution™ backpack power unit. It has space for up to two high capacity batteries, and only accepts 60V Flex-Force battery packs (not included with the unit).
- Handling: This backpack blower consists of two parts: the Revolution backpack (explained above) and what Toro calls the "Cannon", which is nothing more than the blower itself. Be aware that, at 17.4 lbs the blower, the Toro 66100 is on the heavier side of electric backpack blowers. Note that this weight represents the combined weight of the Revolution backpack (9.3 lbs) and the Cannon (8.1 lbs).
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 66100 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Toro 66100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro 66100 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 160 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Stihl BGA 300 and its 192 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 66100 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 730 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LBPX8004-2, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Toro 66100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- High CFM (730 CFM)
- Decent MPH (160 MPH)
- Quite heavy (17.4 lbs)
- Battery not included
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro 66100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please consult Toro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.