The Toro Super Blower Vac 51618 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 330 CFM at 225 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Toro Ultra Blower Vac 51619. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 330|
|MPH||Up to 225|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Toro Super Blower Vac 51618, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Toro Super Blower Vac 51618
- Power: The Super Blower Vac 51618 is an electric blower made by Toro. It has a maximum air speed of 225 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 330 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 7.2 lbs — the Toro Super Blower Vac 51618 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Toro Super Blower Vac 51618 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 81%, this mulcher can reliably pulp 5 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 68 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Toro Super Blower Vac 51618's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Toro Super Blower Vac 51618 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 225 MPH. This puts the Super Blower Vac 51618 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (330 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Toro is an American company based out of Bloomington Minneapolis that strives to “enrich the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of the land.” Founded in 1914, the company now offers its products in 125 countries. Toro’s products include lawn, garden, irrigation, snow management, and related equipment for household and professional maintenance applications alike.
The Toro Super Blower Vac 51618 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Toro blowers, please contact the Toro Customer Support: 1-888-384-9939.
Questions & Answers
Can it handle mulching pine cones and needles (Asked November 2, 2020)
Maybe needles, it they're not too large, but certainly not pine cones. Hard items such as sticks, rocks, acorns, and pine cones will damage the (plastic) impeller.