The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is a self-propelled wheeled leaf blower delivering 1000 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 208 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||208 cc|
|Fuel tank||96 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt FLEX™, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™
- Power: The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals. This push blower is also self-propelled, a feature that makes pushing it around easy despite its heaviness.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 208 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ to match.
- Fuel Tank: Its 96 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the FLEX™ greater comfort and ease of use.
The Troy-Bilt FLEX™'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (1000 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
On a troy bilt flex, how to adjust the speed of moving forward? (Asked September 19, 2019)
The Flex™ blower is an attachment that goes on the Flex™ Power Base. There is a drive control lever on the handle of the base, which allows you to get a speed between 0 and 3 MPH.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.