Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||208 cc|
|Fuel Tank||96 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt FLEX™, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™
- Power: The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. This walk-behind blower is also self-propelled, a feature that makes pushing it around easy despite its heaviness. Be aware that, at 225 lbs, the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is on the heavier side for gas-powered walk-behind blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 208 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the FLEX™ features variable speed settings for added control.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 96 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the FLEX™ gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
The Troy-Bilt FLEX™'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ can reach 1000 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Small Tank (96 fl. oz.)
- Quite heavy (225 lbs)
- Low CFM (1000 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
QOn a troy bilt flex, how to adjust the speed of moving forward? (Asked September 19, 2019)
AThe Flex™ blower is an attachment that goes on the Flex™ Power Base. There is a drive control lever on the handle of the base, which allows you to get a speed between 0 and 3 MPH.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.