The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is a self-propelled wheeled leaf blower delivering 1000 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 208 cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||208 cc|
|Fuel tank||96 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt FLEX™, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™
- Power: The FLEX™, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. This push blower is also self-propelled, a feature that makes pushing it around easy despite its heaviness.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 208 cc engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ allows precise control of the air output.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 96 fl. oz. This is not especially impressive for a walk-behind blower, which means that you may have to refill it more often than similar units on the market.
The Troy-Bilt FLEX™'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt FLEX™ compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Ryobi RY42WB, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (1000 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802V, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt FLEX™ is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
On a troy bilt flex, how to adjust the speed of moving forward? (Asked September 19, 2019)
The Flex™ blower is an attachment that goes on the Flex™ Power Base. There is a drive control lever on the handle of the base, which allows you to get a speed between 0 and 3 MPH.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.