The Troy-Bilt TB272V is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR272V766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB272V, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB272V
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB272V is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Troy-Bilt TB272V is heavier than most, weighing 12 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the TB272V is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB272V to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the TB272V handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (14 gallon bag included).
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the TB272V is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB272V benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB272V's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB272V compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB272V can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB272V is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Cruise control
- Leaf collection bag included
- SpringAssist™ technology
- Decent tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable noise (74 dB)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Quite heavy (12 lbs)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB272V is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
Junk. Spent the first 4 months in service shop getting impeller fixed that came loose after 1 hour of use Now that I used the vacuum it leaks fuel out of cap Replaced it still leaks. Can’t wait to see what breaks next