The Troy-Bilt TB27BH is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 205 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR27BH766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB27BH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB27BH
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB27BH is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 205 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB27BH can be considered light, weighing only 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the TB27BH cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Troy-Bilt model, this ratio is 40:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB27BH offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 74 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB27BH benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB27BH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB27BH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 205 MPH. This puts the TB27BH ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The TB27BH is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB27BH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (9.5 lbs)
- Cruise control
- SpringAssist™ technology
- High MPH (205 MPH)
- Decent tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable noise (74 dB)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- The Troy-Bilt TB27BH doesn't have any notably low specs.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB27BH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.