The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 205 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR27VH766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB27VH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 205 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 10 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB27VH is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27cc. Please note that, because the Troy-Bilt TB27VH's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Troy-Bilt, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the TB27VH offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Vacuum: The TB27VH is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 16:1. For every 16 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB27VH benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB27VH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 205 MPH, which is rather impressive for a gas-powered handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB27VH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
Can the Troy Bilt TB27VH be started with the external starter, the one you can attach to your drill? If so,where to attach the external starter to the blower? (Asked April 3, 2022)
This is what Troy Bilt calls "JumpStart technology". The TB27VH is not JumpStart-compatible.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.