The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 205 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR27VH766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB27VH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 205 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 10 lbs — the Troy-Bilt TB27VH is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the TB27VH is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB27VH offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 16:1, meaning that it will turn 16 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB27VH benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB27VH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 205 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB27VH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
Can the Troy Bilt TB27VH be started with the external starter, the one you can attach to your drill? If so,where to attach the external starter to the blower? (Asked April 3, 2022)
This is what Troy Bilt calls "JumpStart technology". The TB27VH is not JumpStart-compatible.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.