The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 205 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR27VH766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB27VH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 205 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 10 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB27VH is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 27 cc engine. Please note that, because the Troy-Bilt TB27VH's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Troy-Bilt, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the TB27VH has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect leaves and light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 16:1, meaning that it will turn 16 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 74 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 14 fl. oz., this Troy-Bilt blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB27VH benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB27VH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB27VH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 205 MPH. This puts the TB27VH ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Poulan Pro PPBV25 and its 230 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the TB27VH is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB27VH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB27VH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.