The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 445 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 445|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||85 dB|
|Other model numbers||41BR2BEG766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 145 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC can be considered light, weighing only 17.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Troy-Bilt for the TB2BP EC is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the TB2BP EC offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 85 dB, the TB2BP EC is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 20 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity compared to many other backpack blowers, the TB2BP EC gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 145 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 251 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC can reach 445 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is the cheapest of all gas backpack blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.