Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 445|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||85 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 145 MPH and a max air volume rating of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC stands out due to its lower weight: just 17.8 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Troy-Bilt for the TB2BP EC is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 85 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 20 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the TB2BP EC gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 145 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 445 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Lightweight (17.8 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (85 dB)
- Small Tank (20 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (445 CFM)
- Low MPH (145 MPH)
Where to buy the troy-bilt TB2BP EC?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.