Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 445|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||85 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 145 MPH and a max air volume rating of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC stands out due to its lower weight: just 17.8 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the TB2BP EC cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Troy-Bilt model, this ratio is 40:1).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 85 dB, the TB2BP EC is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 20 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 145 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the TB2BP EC has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC can reach 445 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Lightweight (17.8 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (85 dB)
- Small Tank (20 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (445 CFM)
- Low MPH (145 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.