Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC
- Power: The TB2BP EC, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 145 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. When compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC stands out due to its lower weight: just 17.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB2BP EC offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 85 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its 20 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the TB2BP EC greater comfort and ease of use.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC maxes out at 145 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 445 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Lightweight (17.8 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (85 dB)
- Small Tank (20 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (445 CFM)
- Low MPH (145 MPH)
Where to buy the Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
Warranty InformationThe Troy-Bilt TB2BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500