Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||12 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BV, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV is heavier than most, weighing 12 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 27 cc engine. Please note that, because the Troy-Bilt TB2BV’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Troy-Bilt, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV to match.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 10:1. For every 10 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 12 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV maxes out at 150 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The TB2BV is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Decent Tank (12 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Quite heavy (12 lbs)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.