The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel tank||12 fl. oz.|
|Other model numbers||41BS2BVG766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 12 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (12 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 16:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 16 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 12 fl. oz., this Troy-Bilt blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the TB2BV EC is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.