The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Fuel tank||12 fl. oz.|
|Other model numbers||41BS2BVG766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is heavier than most, weighing 12 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the TB2BV EC cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Troy-Bilt model, this ratio is 40:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB2BV EC offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the TB2BV EC handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (12 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 16:1, meaning that it will turn 16 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 12 fl. oz., this Troy-Bilt blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC maxes out at 150 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the TB2BV EC is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Cruise control
- Electric start capable
- Leaf collection bag included
- SpringAssist™ technology
- Decent tank (12 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Quite heavy (12 lbs)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
worked fine the first couple of times I used it then while using it, it gradually slowed down and stopped. it kept doing this several times & finally took it in for what I thought was warranty work but when it was repaired found out it needed a carburetor kit which apparently isn’t covered under warranty. Spent as much on shop fee as it’d cost for a new one. Do not buy this blower.