Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||12 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BV, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV
- Power: The TB2BV, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 12 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB2BV, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the TB2BV features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the TB2BV has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect light debris in the unit’s storage bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 10:1, meaning that it will turn 10 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 12 fl. oz., this Troy-Bilt blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Decent Tank (12 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Quite heavy (12 lbs)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the troy-bilt TB2BV?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
Warranty InformationThe Troy-Bilt TB2BV is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.