Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||12 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2BV, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV
- Power: The TB2BV, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV is heavier than most, weighing 12 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB2BV, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB2BV offers variable speed settings.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can shrink 10 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 12 fl. oz of fuel.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2BV benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB2BV can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Decent Tank (12 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Quite heavy (12 lbs)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the troy-bilt TB2BV?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2BV is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.