Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 130 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 15.5 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Please note that, because the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB2MB JET offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 72 dB, the TB2MB JET is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 16 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 130 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The TB2MB JET is powerful, with an airflow rating of 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers – it's actually the best!
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- High CFM (650 CFM)
- Decent Tank (16 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (72 dB)
- Quite heavy (15.5 lbs)
- Low MPH (130 MPH)
Where to buy the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
Warranty InformationThe Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500