Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 130|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||16 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||72 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET
- Power: The TB2MB JET, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 130 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET is heavier than most, weighing 15.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB2MB JET offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 72 dB, the TB2MB JET is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 16 fl. oz., this Troy-Bilt blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET maxes out at 130 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the TB2MB JET by Troy-Bilt will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered handheld leaf blowers – it's actually the best!
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- High CFM (650 CFM)
- Decent Tank (16 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (72 dB)
- Quite heavy (15.5 lbs)
- Low MPH (130 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.