The Troy-Bilt TB400 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73 dB|
|Other model numbers||41BR25BL766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB400, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB400
- Power: The TB400 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Troy-Bilt, is rated for a max air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 180 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 10 lbs — the Troy-Bilt TB400 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB400, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB400 to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 73 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB400 benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB400's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB400 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 180 MPH. That makes the TB400 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (400 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB400 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB400 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.