The Troy-Bilt TB400 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73 dB|
|Other model numbers||41BR25BL766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB400, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB400
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB400 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 180 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 10 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB400 is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB400, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB400 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 73 dB, the TB400 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB400 benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB400's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB400 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Troy-Bilt TB400 expels air at speeds up to 180 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB400 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB400 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.