Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||73 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB400, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB400
- Power: The TB400, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 180 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 10 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB400 is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Troy-Bilt TB400, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the TB400 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 73 dB, the TB400 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB400 benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB400's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB400 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 180 MPH. That makes the TB400 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB400 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Decent Tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (73 dB)
- Decent Weight (10 lbs)
- Decent MPH (180 MPH)
- Low CFM (400 CFM)
Where to buy the troy-bilt TB400?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB400 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.