Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||32 cc|
|Fuel Tank||26 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||72 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC
- Power: The TB4BP EC, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC stands out due to its lower weight: just 15 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 32 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 72 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 26 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the TB4BP EC gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (500 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Lightweight (15 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (72 dB)
- Small Tank (26 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (500 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the troy-bilt TB4BP EC?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.