Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||32 cc|
|Fuel Tank||26 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||72 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC
- Power: The TB4BP EC gas-powered blower, manufactured by Troy-Bilt, is rated for a max air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC can be considered light, weighing only 15 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 32 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 72 dB, the TB4BP EC is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its 26 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the TB4BP EC greater comfort and ease of use.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC maxes out at 150 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Lightweight (15 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (72 dB)
- Small Tank (26 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (500 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.