The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 32 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||32 cc|
|Fuel tank||26 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||72 dB|
|Other model numbers||41BR4BEG766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC
- Power: The TB4BP EC gas-powered blower, manufactured by Troy-Bilt, is rated for a max air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC can be considered light, weighing only 15 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 32 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB4BP EC offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 72 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its 26 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity (compared to other backpack blowers), but the decreased weight of the TB4BP EC provides more comfort and ease of use.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 251 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC can reach 500 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
i need a owners manual. (Asked March 30, 2022)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.