Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC
- Power: The TB4HB EC, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 11 lbs — the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB4HB EC offers variable speed settings.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the TB4HB EC has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The TB4HB EC is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Decent Tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Decent Weight (11 lbs)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.