Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC
- Power: The TB4HB EC, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 11 lbs, the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the TB4HB EC offers variable speed settings.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC maxes out at 150 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- SpringAssist™ Technology
- Decent Tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Decent Weight (11 lbs)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- On the expensive side
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the troy-bilt TB4HB EC?
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB4HB EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.