The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 51 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine displacement||51 cc|
|Fuel tank||46 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR51BP766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB51BP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP
- Power: The TB51BP, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 220 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP can be considered light, weighing only 20.5 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 51 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the TB51BP cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Troy-Bilt model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 46 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB51BP benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB51BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 220 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.