The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 51 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine displacement||51 cc|
|Fuel tank||46 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR51BP766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB51BP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP
- Power: The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP can be considered light, weighing only 20.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 51 cc. Please note that, because the Troy-Bilt TB51BP’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Troy-Bilt, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 75 dB, the TB51BP is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 46 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB51BP benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB51BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 220 MPH. This puts the TB51BP ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.