The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 51 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine displacement||51 cc|
|Fuel tank||46 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
|Other model numbers||41AR51BP766|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Troy-Bilt TB51BP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP
- Power: The TB51BP, built by Troy-Bilt, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 220 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP stands out due to its lower weight: just 20.5 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 51 cc engine. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the TB51BP is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the TB51BP offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 46 fl. oz., this Troy-Bilt blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
- SpringAssist™: The Troy-Bilt TB51BP benefits from the proprietary SpringAssist™ starting system. This system allows the operator to start the leaf blower with a slow and steady pull on the starter rope, which greatly reduces the pulling effort needed.
The Troy-Bilt TB51BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Troy-Bilt TB51BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 220 MPH. That makes the TB51BP average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Troy-Bilt TB51BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Troy-Bilt is an outdoor product manufacturer based out of Valley City, Ohio (USA). Having started out as a farm equipment manufacturer, Troy-Bilt has since expanded its product catalogue to include a full line of tools and more for the lawn and garden care market. Troy-Bilt was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, a major lawn, forestry, and landscape equipment provider.
The Troy-Bilt TB51BP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Troy-Bilt blowers, please consult Troy-Bilt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-828-5500.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.