The Weed Eater FB25 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 300 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 300|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Weed Eater FB25, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Weed Eater FB25
- Power: The FB25, built by Weed Eater, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 170 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Weed Eater FB25 stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.1 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Weed Eater FB25, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Weed Eater FB25 to match.
The Weed Eater FB25's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Weed Eater FB25 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 170 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Weed Eater FB25 can reach 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Weed Eater FB25 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
About Weed Eater
Weed Eater is a notorious power tool company with a complicated history, most well known for its green string trimmers. The company was founded in Texas, US, back in 1971 and over the years, exchanged owners several times, notably Emerson Electric, who merged them with Poulan, and Electrolux, who transferred the outdoor division under Husqvarna AB. However, green Weed Eater products can be found to this day in North America, including a strong line of mostly electric leaf blowers. Their products are unmistakable, as they feature a unique, green, alien-like design.
The Weed Eater FB25 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Weed Eater blowers, please consult Weed Eater's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
What is the recommended spark plug and spark plug gap (Asked May 9, 2022)
Spark plug should be Champion RCJ-6Y or equivalent. Spark plug gap is 0.025".
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.