The Weed Eater WE12B is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 360 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 12 Amp engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 360|
|MPH||Up to 200|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Weed Eater WE12B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Weed Eater WE12B
- Power: The Weed Eater WE12B can force 360 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 200 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 12 Amp motor, the WE12B requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the WE12B has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 8.2 lbs, the Weed Eater WE12B is on the heavier side for electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: The Weed Eater WE12B does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the WE12B has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished.
The Weed Eater WE12B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Weed Eater WE12B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 200 MPH. This puts the WE12B ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 360 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the WE12B is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Weed Eater WE12B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
About Weed Eater
Weed Eater is a notorious power tool company with a complicated history, most well known for its green string trimmers. The company was founded in Texas, US, back in 1971 and over the years, exchanged owners several times, notably Emerson Electric, who merged them with Poulan, and Electrolux, who transferred the outdoor division under Husqvarna AB. However, green Weed Eater products can be found to this day in North America, including a strong line of mostly electric leaf blowers. Their products are unmistakable, as they feature a unique, green, alien-like design.
The Weed Eater WE12B is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Weed Eater blowers, please consult Weed Eater's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.