The Weed Eater WE12B is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 360 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
The Weed Eater brand was officially discontinued by Husqvarna (opens in a new tab). For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 360|
|MPH||Up to 200|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Weed Eater WE12B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Weed Eater WE12B
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 360 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 200 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 8.2 lbs, the Weed Eater WE12B is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: As with similar models of its class, this leaf blower has just one operating speed.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
The Weed Eater WE12B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Weed Eater WE12B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 200 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Weed Eater WE12B can reach 360 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Bauer 58905, with 805 CFM, could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Decent weight (8.2 lbs)
- Decent CFM (360 CFM)
- No speed variation
About Weed Eater
Weed Eater is a notorious power tool company with a complicated history, most well known for its green string trimmers. The company was founded in Texas, US, back in 1971 and over the years, exchanged owners several times, notably Emerson Electric, who merged them with Poulan, and Electrolux, who transferred the outdoor division under Husqvarna AB. However, green Weed Eater products could be found in North America, and included a line of mostly electric leaf blowers. Their products were unmistakable, as they featured a unique, green, alien-like design.
The Weed Eater WE12B is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Weed Eater blowers, please consult Weed Eater's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.