Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx TriVac WG500, the user manual is available here.
The WORX TRIVAC 3-in-1 Blower / Mulcher / Yard Vacuum brings all three functions together in one compact, lightweight machine: a great leaf blower... a handy mulcher... and a powerful yard vac!
As a blower, the TRIVAC produces an airspeed of up to 210 mph, strong enough for the toughest wet leaves and debris. While vacuuming, the high impact resistant impeller mulches leaves up to 1/10 of their original size. When in vacuum mode, the powerful motor in the TRIVAC generates 350 cubic feet of airflow per minute. (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx TriVac WG500
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 12 Amp engine, the TriVac WG500 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 9.5 lbs, the Worx TriVac WG500 is on the heavier side for electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The TriVac WG500 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 10:1, meaning that it will turn 10 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx TriVac WG500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx TriVac WG500 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 210 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Worx TriVac WG500 can reach 350 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
- No cord lock mechanism
- Quite heavy (9.5 lbs)
Where to buy the Worx TriVac WG500?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx TriVac WG500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).