Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx TriVac WG505, the user manual is available here.
The WORX TRIVAC 3-in-1 Blower / Mulcher / Yard Vacuum brings all three functions together in one compact, lightweight machine with a metal impeller: a great blower... a handy mulcher... and a powerful yard vac!
As a blower, the TRIVAC produces an airspeed of up to 210 mph, strong enough for the toughest wet leaves and debris. While vacuuming, the high impact resistant impeller mulches leaves up to 1/10 of their original size. When in vacuum mode, the powerful motor in the TRIVAC generates 350 cubic feet of airflow per minute. (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx TriVac WG505
- Power: The TriVac WG505 is an electric leaf blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 210 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 12 Amp engine, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a electric handheld blower, the Worx TriVac WG505 is heavier than most, weighing 9.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Worx TriVac WG505 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the TriVac WG505 handily vacuums unwanted material into its storage bag for easy disposal.
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 16:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 16 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the TriVac WG505 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx TriVac WG505's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx TriVac WG505 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 210 MPH. This puts the TriVac WG505 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 350 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the TriVac WG505 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
- No cord lock mechanism
- No Speed Variation
- Quite heavy (9.5 lbs)
Where to buy the Worx TriVac WG505?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx TriVac WG505 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).