The Worx WG505 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 350 CFM at 210 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx TriVac WG505, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG505
- Power: The Worx WG505 can force 350 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 12 Amp motor, the WG505 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the WG505 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 9.5 lbs, the Worx WG505 is on the heavier side of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 16:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 16 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx WG505's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG505 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 210 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (350 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG505 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Leaf collection bag included
- Metal impeller
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable noise (70 dB)
- Quite heavy (9.5 lbs)
- No speed variation
- Low CFM (350 CFM)
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG505 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
Can you get a replacement bag? (Asked April 4, 2020)
Absolutely. Here's a link to the official replacement bag: Worx Collection Bag (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.