The Worx WG505 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 350 CFM at 210 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx TriVac WG505, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
The WORX TRIVAC 3-in-1 Blower / Mulcher / Yard Vacuum brings all three functions together in one compact, lightweight machine with a metal impeller: a great blower... a handy mulcher... and a powerful yard vac!
As a blower, the TRIVAC produces an airspeed of up to 210 mph, strong enough for the toughest wet leaves and debris. While vacuuming, the high impact resistant impeller mulches leaves up to 1/10 of their original size. When in vacuum mode, the powerful motor in the TRIVAC generates 350 cubic feet of airflow per minute. (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx WG505
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Worx WG505 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 9.5 lbs, the Worx WG505 is on the heavier side for electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: The WG505 by Worx has just one speed setting.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the WG505 has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect leaves and light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 16:1. For every 16 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the WG505 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx WG505's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG505 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 210 MPH, which is rather impressive for an electric handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx WG505 can reach 350 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx Turbine WG521, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG505 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG505 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
Can you get a replacement bag? (Asked April 04, 2020)
Absolutely. Here's a link to the official replacement bag: Worx Collection Bag (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.