Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx TriVac WG509, the user manual is available here.
The WORX TRIVAC 3-in-1 Leaf Blower/Mulcher/Yard Vacuum features a variable speed throttle control that adjusts the machine’s air flow from 75 to 210 mph. The biggest advantage of electronic speed control is using different speeds when blowing the top of mulch or in corners. Homeowners are in full command when using this handy yard tool. At 210 mph, the TRIVAC leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher blows large volumes of leaves in no time at all - but it is also capable of minimizing air flow to dislodge debris from sensitive areas.
The WORX TRIVAC mulcher/blower/vacuum is equipped with an All Metal Mulching System that utilizes a shredder blade to effortlessly mulch leaves up to 1/18th of their original size. At just 9.3 lbs, the TRIVAC leaf blower/mulcher/vacuum is compact, lightweight and capable of single-hand operation. Save time on your outdoor cleanup by flipping a switch to choose between blowing and mulching! (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx TriVac WG509
- Power: The Worx TriVac WG509 is an electric leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp engine to operate. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 9.3 lbs, the Worx TriVac WG509 is on the heavier side for electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the TriVac WG509 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the TriVac WG509 handily vacuums unwanted material into its storage bag for easy disposal.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 18:1, this mulcher can shrink 18 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 50 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx TriVac WG509's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx TriVac WG509 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 210 MPH. This puts the TriVac WG509 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 350 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the TriVac WG509 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (210 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (50 dB)
- Decent CFM (350 CFM)
- Quite heavy (9.3 lbs)
Where to buy the Worx TriVac WG509?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx TriVac WG509 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).