The Worx TriVac WG509 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 350 CFM at 210 MPH. It features a 12 Amp engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 350|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Noise rating||50 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx TriVac WG509, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx TriVac WG509
- Power: The Worx TriVac WG509 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 210 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the TriVac WG509 has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 9.3 lbs, the Worx TriVac WG509 is on the heavier side for electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the TriVac WG509 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: The TriVac WG509 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 18:1. For every 18 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 50 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx TriVac WG509's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx TriVac WG509 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 210 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx TriVac WG509 can reach 350 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx TriVac WG509 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx TriVac WG509 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.