Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise Rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG517, the user manual is available here.
In addition to the 4-Speed control, the 7.5 Amp TURBINE 450 Leaf Blower features a Hyper-Stream air nozzle for extra tough conditions. It is lightweight and ergonomic for simple, one-hand operation. Tackle leaves and debris around your yard and home quickly and with ease. (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG517
- Power: The Worx Turbine WG517 can force 450 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 7.5 Amp engine needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the Turbine WG517 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.4 lbs, the Worx Turbine WG517 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 4 speed settings, the Worx Turbine WG517 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 81 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx Turbine WG517's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG517 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 120 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the Turbine WG517 has a lower air speed than most electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the Turbine WG517 by Worx will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- High CFM (450 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (81 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.4 lbs)
- Low MPH (120 MPH)
Where to buy the worx Turbine WG517?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx Turbine WG517 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).