The Worx Turbine WG517 is a corded leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 7.5-amp motor. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Worx Turbine WG519. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG517, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
In addition to the 4-Speed control, the 7.5 Amp TURBINE 450 Leaf Blower features a Hyper-Stream air nozzle for extra tough conditions. It is lightweight and ergonomic for simple, one-hand operation. Tackle leaves and debris around your yard and home quickly and with ease.
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG517
- Power: The Worx Turbine WG517 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 7.5 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 6.4 lbs, the Worx Turbine WG517 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 4 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 81 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx Turbine WG517's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG517 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 120 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the Turbine WG517 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx Turbine WG517 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.