Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise Rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG517, the user manual is available here.
In addition to the 4-Speed control, the 7.5 Amp TURBINE 450 Leaf Blower features a Hyper-Stream air nozzle for extra tough conditions. It is lightweight and ergonomic for simple, one-hand operation. Tackle leaves and debris around your yard and home quickly and with ease. (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG517
- Power: The Worx Turbine WG517 is blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 7.5 Amp engine to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.4 lbs, the Worx Turbine WG517 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 4 speed settings, the Worx Turbine WG517 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 81 dB.
The Worx Turbine WG517's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG517 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Worx Turbine WG517 maxes out at 120 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- The Turbine WG517 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- High CFM (450 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (81 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.4 lbs)
- Low MPH (120 MPH)
Where to buy the worx Turbine WG517?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx Turbine WG517 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.