-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG517
- Power: The Turbine WG517 is an electric leaf blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 7.5 Amp engine to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Worx Turbine WG517 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 6.4 lbs — the Worx Turbine WG517 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 4 speed settings, the Worx Turbine WG517 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 81 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx Turbine WG517's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG517 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 120 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the Turbine WG517 has a lower air speed than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- The Turbine WG517 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- High CFM (450 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (81 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.4 lbs)
- Low MPH (120 MPH)
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx Turbine WG517 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679)