Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Noise Rating||82 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG520, the user manual is available here.
In addition to the variable-speed control, the 12 Amp TURBINE 600 Leaf Blower features a hyper-stream air nozzle for extra tough conditions. Tackle leaves and debris around your yard and home quickly and with ease. (source: Worx)
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG520
- Power: The Worx Turbine WG520 is blower with a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 12 Amp engine, the Turbine WG520 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.4 lbs, the Worx Turbine WG520 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the Turbine WG520 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 82 dB, the Turbine WG520 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx Turbine WG520's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG520 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the Turbine WG520 by Worx will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other electric handheld blowers, the Worx Turbine WG520 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High CFM (600 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (82 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.4 lbs)
- Low MPH (110 MPH)
Where to buy the worx Turbine WG520?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx Turbine WG520 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).