The Worx Turbine WG546 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 340 CFM at 90 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 340|
|MPH||Up to 90|
|Weight (w/ battery)||5.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.9 lbs|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG546, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG546
- Power: The Worx Turbine WG546 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 340 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 90 MPH.
- Power delivery: Worx designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The Turbine WG546 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: With its 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 WA3525 battery included), the Worx Turbine WG546 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx Turbine WG546 can be considered light, weighing only 5.7 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The Turbine WG546 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 75 dB, the Turbine WG546 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx Turbine WG546's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG546 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 90 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 340 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the Turbine WG546 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx Turbine WG546 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (5.7 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (75 dB)
- Brushed motor
- Low CFM (340 CFM)
- Low MPH (90 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx Turbine WG546 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.