The Worx Turbine WG584 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 470 CFM at 95 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 470|
|MPH||Up to 95|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.3 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||62 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG584, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx Turbine WG584
- Power: The Turbine WG584 is a cordless blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 95 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 470 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 WA3577 batteries included) that should work reliably for up to 60 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told (including the batteries), it weighs 7.3 lbs — the Worx Turbine WG584 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With 4 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 62 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx Turbine WG584's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx Turbine WG584 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 95 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the Turbine WG584 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers in the 36 and 48V range. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx Turbine WG584 can reach 470 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product that runs on this kind of voltage. Fully charged, it should run for up to 60 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx Turbine WG584 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx Turbine WG584 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.