The Worx WG506 is a corded leaf blower delivering 160 CFM at 160 MPH. It features a 7.5-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 160|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG506, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG506
- Power: The Worx WG506 can force 160 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 7.5 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other electric handheld blowers, the Worx WG506 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Worx WG506 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 77 dB, the WG506 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG506's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG506 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 160 MPH. That makes the WG506 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 160 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Bauer 58905, which boasts with 805 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Worx WG506 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.Good to know: It's the cheapest Worx blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.4 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (77 dB)
- Decent MPH (160 MPH)
- Low CFM (160 CFM)
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG506 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.