The Worx WG514 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 620 CFM at 75 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 620|
|MPH||Up to 75|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Trivac WG514, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG514
- Power: The WG514 is an electric blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 75 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 620 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Worx WG514 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a electric handheld blower, the Worx WG514 is heavier than most, weighing 8.6 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The WG514 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 18:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 18 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 75 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
- TriVac: This Worx blower is called a TriVac, which is one of the names Worx gives to its power tools that function as a 3-in-1 leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher.
The Worx WG514's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG514 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 75 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman CMEBL7000, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 260 MPH.
- If air volume is an important feature, the WG514 by Worx will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 620 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx Turbine WG521, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG514 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG514 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.