The Worx WG518 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 250|
|Noise rating||82 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG518, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG518
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 250 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 7.5 lbs, the Worx WG518 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Worx WG518 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: The WG518 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 16:1, this mulcher can shrink 16 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 82 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx WG518's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG518 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 250 MPH, which is rather impressive for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- The WG518 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 400 CFM, which is common for electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG518 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG518 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.