The Worx WG518 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12 Amp engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 250|
|Noise rating||82 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG518, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG518
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 250 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 12 Amp motor, the WG518 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 7.5 lbs, the Worx WG518 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 16:1. For every 16 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 82 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx WG518's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG518 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 250 MPH. This puts the WG518 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- The WG518 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 400 CFM, which is common for electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG518 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG518 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.