The Worx WG518 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 250|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Noise rating||82 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG518, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG518
- Power: The Worx WG518 can force 400 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 250 MPH.
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 12 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 7.5 lbs, the Worx WG518 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Worx designed the WG518 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 16:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 16 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 82 dB, the WG518 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG518's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG518 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 250 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the WG518 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Bauer 58905, with 805 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG518 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Leaf collection bag included
- Metal impeller
- High MPH (250 MPH)
- Decent weight (7.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (82 dB)
- Decent CFM (400 CFM)
- No cord lock mechanism
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG518 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
This blower is very powerful I use it in a commercial setting to clean the floor from grain and dust strewn about. I notice the blower whole system seems a little fragile but I love it every time I turn it on to clean the floor. After one year of use it seems to not work anymore not sure what is the problem will try fix the issue maybe is brushes maybe the switch.