The Worx WG518 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 400
|Up to 250
|Yes, metal impeller
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG518, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG518
- Power: The WG518 is an electric blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 250 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 7.5 lbs — the Worx WG518 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the WG518 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 16:1, meaning that it will turn 16 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 82 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx WG518's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG518 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 250 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Toro Ultra Blower Vac 51619 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx WG518 can reach 400 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Bauer 58905, with 805 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other blower vacs, the Worx WG518 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG518 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.