The Worx WG521 is a corded leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Noise rating||50 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG521, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG521
- Power: The Worx WG521 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the WG521 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 6.6 lbs, the Worx WG521 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Worx WG521 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 50 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx WG521's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG521 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 135 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the WG521 by Worx will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 800 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which makes this unit one of the most powerful electric handheld blowers.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Worx WG521 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG521 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.