The Worx WG521 is a corded leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Noise rating||50 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG521, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG521
- Power: The WG521 is an electric blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 135 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 12 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the WG521 has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 6.6 lbs — the Worx WG521 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 50 dB, the WG521 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG521's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG521 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 135 MPH. That makes the WG521 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- The WG521 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 800 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric handheld blowers – it's actually the best!
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Worx WG521 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG521 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.