The Worx WG521 is a corded leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 800
|Up to 135
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG521, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG521
- Power: The WG521 is an electric blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 135 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 12 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Worx WG521 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other electric handheld blowers, the Worx WG521 can be considered light, weighing only 6.6 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the WG521 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 82 dB.
The Worx WG521's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG521 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 135 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Toro Ultra Blower Vac 51619 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The WG521 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 800 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Bauer 58905, with 805 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other corded blowers, the Worx WG521 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG521 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.