The Worx WG521 is a corded leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Noise rating||50 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx Turbine WG521, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG521
- Power: The WG521 is an electric blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 135 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Worx WG521 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 6.6 lbs — the Worx WG521 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The WG521 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 50 dB, the WG521 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG521's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG521 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Worx WG521 expels air at speeds up to 135 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Worx WG521 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 800 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This makes it one of the most powerful electric handheld blowers.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Worx WG521 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG521 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.