The Worx WG543 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Blowing Force||7.3 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||3.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||2.3 lbs|
|Noise rating||69 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG543, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG543
- Power: The WG543 is a cordless blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 125 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 WA3578 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx WG543 stands out due to its lower weight: just 3.8 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The WG543 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 69 dB, the WG543 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG543's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG543 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 125 MPH. That makes the WG543 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The WG543 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 400 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the WG543 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG543 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (3.8 lbs)
- Brushless motor
- Acceptable noise (69 dB)
- Decent CFM (400 CFM)
- Decent MPH (125 MPH)
- Low autonomy (30 mins)
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG543 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.