The Worx WG543 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 400
|Up to 125
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG543, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG543
- Power: The Worx WG543 can force 400 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: The WG543 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 WA3578 battery included) means that a user can operate the WG543 for an estimated 30 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx WG543 can be considered light, weighing only 3.8 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 69 dB, the WG543 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG543's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG543 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 125 MPH. This puts the WG543 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers between 18 and 24V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU07SM1 and its 143 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the WG543 by Worx will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the RIDGID R01601K, with 510 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The WG543 is within the average range for cordless handheld units that operate between 18 and 24V, offering up to 30 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Ryobi PBLLB01K can run for up to 60 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG543 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG543 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.