The Worx WG545.1 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 80 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 80|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||3.5 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||2.7 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG545.1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG545.1
- Power: The WG545.1 is a cordless blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 80 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The WG545.1 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 WA3525 battery included) means that a user can operate the WG545.1 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx WG545.1 can be considered light, weighing only 3.5 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: The Worx WG545.1 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the WG545.1 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG545.1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG545.1 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 18 and 24V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU07SM1 and its 143 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx WG545.1 can reach 80 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the RIDGID R01601K, which boasts with 510 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the WG545.1 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KHB 4224A-03 which offers up to 50 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG545.1 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG545.1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.