The Worx WG572 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||23.6 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||17.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||83 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG572, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG572
- Power: The Worx WG572 can force 800 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The Worx WG572 is powered by Base Camp, a removable power system that is powered by four 20V Power Share batteries and offers up to 230 minutes of runtime. The unit comes with four 20V 4.0Ah batteries, yielding a total of 80V. All 4 batteries are required for operation.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for an electric backpack blower, the Worx WG572 is heavier than most, weighing 23.6 lbs.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the WG572 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 83 dB, the WG572 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Worx WG572's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG572 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 150 MPH. That makes the WG572 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LBPX8000 and its 190 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Worx WG572 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 800 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This makes it one of the most powerful cordless backpack blowers.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 230 mins, the WG572 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless backpack units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU02Z can run for up to 240 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Worx WG572 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG572 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.