The Worx WG572 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||23.6 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||17.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||83 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG572, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG572
- Power: The Worx WG572 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The Worx WG572 is powered by Base Camp, a removable power system that is powered by four 20V Power Share batteries and offers up to 230 minutes of runtime. The unit comes with four 20V 4.0Ah batteries, yielding a total of 80V. All 4 batteries are required for operation.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for an electric backpack blower, the Worx WG572 is heavier than most, weighing 23.6 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the WG572 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 83 dB, the WG572 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Worx WG572's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG572 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 60 and 80V).
- The air speed of the Worx WG572 maxes out at 150 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated backpack blowers between 60 and 80V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Echo DPB-5800T, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 195 MPH.
- The WG572 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 800 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is the highest CFM among cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is one of the best among cordless backpack units running on comparable voltages. It offers an autonomy of up to 230 minutes.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Worx WG572 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG572 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.