Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG580, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Worx WG580
- Power: The Worx WG580 is an electric leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 340 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 90 MPH.
- Power delivery: The WG580 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: It has a 2 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 15 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers, the Worx WG580 stands out due to its lower weight: just 6.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Worx WG580 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 78 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx WG580's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG580 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 90 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the WG580 has a lower air speed than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 340 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the WG580 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 15 minutes from its battery, which means the WG580 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld leaf blowers before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (6.3 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (78 dB)
- Decent CFM (340 CFM)
- Low MPH (90 MPH)
- Low Autonomy (15 mins)
Where to buy the Worx WG580?
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
Warranty InformationThe Worx WG580 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).