Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 340|
|MPH||Up to 90|
|Noise Rating||78 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG580, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Worx WG580
- Power: The WG580 is a cordless blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 90 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 340 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Worx designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The WG580 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: It has a 2 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 15 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 6.3 lbs, the Worx WG580 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Worx designed the WG580 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 78 dB, the WG580 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG580's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG580 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 90 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx WG580 can reach 340 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 15 minutes from its battery, which means the WG580 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx WG580 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (78 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.3 lbs)
- Decent CFM (340 CFM)
- Low MPH (90 MPH)
- Low autonomy (15 mins)
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG580 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.