The Worx WG583 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 380 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 380|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Worx WG583
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 380 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 185 MPH.
- Power delivery: The WG583 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design
- Battery: The Worx WG583 features an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 batteries included).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 8.4 lbs, the Worx WG583 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: The WG583 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (9 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 12:1, meaning that it will turn 12 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the WG583 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG583's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG583 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 185 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx WG583 can reach 380 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG583 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG583 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.