The Worx WG583 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 380 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 380|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Worx WG583
- Power: The WG583 is a cordless blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 185 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 380 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 Power Share WA3578 batteries included) offers a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told (including the batteries), it weighs 8.4 lbs — the Worx WG583 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Worx WG583 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: The WG583 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (9 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 12:1. For every 12 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the WG583 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG583's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG583 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 185 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Worx WG583 can reach 380 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the WG583 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG583 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG583 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.