The Worx WG583 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 380 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 380|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Worx WG583
- Power: The WG583 is a cordless blower made by Worx. It has a maximum air speed of 185 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 380 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The WG583 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Worx WG583 features an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 batteries included).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 8.4 lbs, the Worx WG583 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The WG583 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (9 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 12:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 12 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the WG583 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG583's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG583 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 185 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The WG583 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 380 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG583 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG583 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.