The Worx WG585 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 620 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 620|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Blowing Force||14 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||6.6 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||3.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG585, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG585
- Power: The Worx WG585 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 620 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 WA3012 batteries included) that should work reliably for up to 45 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 3 speed settings, the Worx WG585 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 61 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Worx WG585's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG585 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Worx WG585 expels air at speeds up to 125 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The WG585 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 620 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The WG585 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 45 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG585 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG585 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.