The Worx WG585 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 620 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 620|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Blowing Force||14 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||6.6 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||3.8 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG585, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG585
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 620 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The Worx WG585 features an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 WA3012 batteries included).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx WG585 can be considered light, weighing only 6.6 lbs, batteries included.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The WG585 has 3 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
The Worx WG585's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG585 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 125 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Worx WG585 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 620 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG585 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG585 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.