The Worx WG585 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 620 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 620|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Blowing Force||14 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||6.6 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||3.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Worx WG585, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Worx WG585
- Power: The Worx WG585 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 620 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: Worx designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The WG585 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 WA3012 batteries included) that should work reliably for up to 45 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Worx WG585 can be considered light, weighing only 6.6 lbs, batteries included.
- Speed Settings: With 3 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the WG585 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Worx WG585's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Worx WG585 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 125 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- If air volume is an important feature, the WG585 by Worx will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 620 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The WG585 is within the average range for cordless handheld units that operate between 36 and 48V, offering up to 45 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Worx WG585 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States. In 2011, the British home improvement magazine DIY Week gave Worx the “Product of the Year Award” for its TriVac leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawn mower.
The Worx WG585 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Worx blowers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.